“You’ll be off before you know it…” and “that time will just fly by”, they all said. And each time, I just smiled politely and thought realistically about the months… and then weeks that we still had before take off. But now, what they all said is actually true. We will be off before we know it, in fact it’s about a week away and I know that those final days will just fly by- especially judging by the items still on my to do list!
True to tradition, I am having a ‘leaving morning tea’ at work and it wouldn’t seem right not to do some baking! Time to whip up a batch of my “favourite go-to cookies; chocolate of course, and if all goes to plan, still a little chewy in the middle”.
(Adapted from AWW Cupcakes & Cookies)
- Cream together: 125g softened butter, 250g brown sugar, 1 egg and a dash of vanilla.
- Sift into that mixture: 180g self raising flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 40g cocoa.
- Throw in some chocolate: any type you like, any amount from 1/2 cup to 1 cup… depends on your sweet tooth really. I usually go for the higher end of the calorie count.
- Mix well so everything comes together, then put it in the fridge for a couple of minutes while you prep your baking trays- I usually line mine with silicone sheets.
- Spoon the mixture onto the trays: I use a tablespoon, lightly roll the mixture into balls then squish it down a little.
- Bake: 180c fan oven for 10 minutes.
Let them cool for a bit and then embrace your inner cookie monster!